Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evergreen1993
Reel Rookie

My fiancé bought a new Roku TV

My fiancé just bought a new Roku TV. We are just moving into together for the first time and are getting things prepared. When he went to download Disney Plus so we could log into it, it automatically logged into his ex's Disney Plus. They haven't date in years. Before the use of Roku and Disney Plus. How is this possible?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: My fiancé bought a new Roku TV

If it's using the same Roku account as the former girlfriend, and she's still using that same account, things will be shared. Otherwise, it may have just been a saved login. With some services, if you sign in on one Roku, it will automatically sign in on the others on the same Roku account. You should be able to sign out in the Disney+ app and then sign in with your new login.

Evergreen1993
Reel Rookie

They're not using the same account and she's supposedly never been over to login into the new TV. The Disney email is not being used from his email on Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Evergreen1993

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Disney+ support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can reach the Disney+ support team here 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Kekahardr

Did you get your problem solved?  I'm having a similar problem with a Disney+ account on my Rich that u want to drift and out my account on.  After spending a lot i of time with Disney help line the recommended a factory reset of the Room but if you have a new one the factory reset won't help and I font want to log out if my other channels

0 Kudos