Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cltt80
Reel Rookie

MAX UI not working - no remove app option, continue watching not working

My older Roku stick transitioned to MAX fairly easily (some minor issues that others have mentioned) but they were short-lived.

But, one show does not appear on my "Continue Watching" list. I was previously watching the show before the transition. No matter how many times I go to it, scroll through the seasons and episodes to pick up where I left off...the next time I open the app, it will not be there.

There are some other connectivity issues (slow, issues with rewinding/fast-forwarding, etc.) so I planned on just removing and replacing the app, only to find that there is no "Remove App" option! This is the first time I've ever seen an app do this.

Please advise.

12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MAX UI not working - no remove app option, continue watching not working

I don't have any suggestions on how to fix the problem, but you can't remove a channel/app if you have an active subscription through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
schofield12
Reel Rookie

Same here. There are 2 shows I haven’t finished watching yet, and they’re never in the Continue Watching queue. There are other shows obviously, but I keep having to search for them to continue where I left off. I don’t know why some shows are there and some not. I liked the HBO Max UI much more. Easier to navigate, now it seems every streaming service is adopting the Netflix UI style and it sucks.

Cltt80
Reel Rookie

@renojim Ahhh... that part makes sense. Thank you

0 Kudos
SeaJay2

I have exactly the same complaint, as do dozens of commenters on the /reddit thread. Ironic that I'm binging "Succession".... the story of obscene wealth the corrupts utterly, happy to destroy anything that stands in the way of another dollar they don't need and will probably never spend. The merger Discovery and HBO Max only benefits the real-world versions of the Roy family, loyal consumers and quality be **bleep**.

I'm having the same problem and the only work around is.  You have to see what episode you are on, close the ap. re open the ap, find the show and episode pause it right there again and just close it don't back out.  But you have to do it just  like that for it to be there next time. It doesn't save it if you are in the middle of watching it. Its extremely frustrating, I messaged Max. They said they are aware watch it on other platforms for now.       

schofield12
Reel Rookie

Wow what a convoluted way to have to do it. I applaud you for finding a solution to this pile of **bleep** of an app. thanks. 😉 I just keep it first or second in my List, so its always there to get to easily. I still have to remember what episode I was watching and scroll to that season, then episode. Barf! I'll just watch Rick & Morty on Hulu, mothertruckers! 

Edit: Haha. It *bleeped* my swearing. Hilarious.

Kingbiscuit
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem.  My continue watching list will hold shows then disappear.  It's maddening!  I've tried every solution that I can find to no avail.

0 Kudos
dcborn61

I contacted Max customer support. They said it is a known issue they are working on. As a temporary solution, they recommended creating a new profile. I did that and at least for now, the Roku Max app is holding that correct continue playing episodes. 

0 Kudos

I have the opposite issue. After I watch an episode, let’s say episode 3, and exit the app episode 3 comes up as ‘continue watching’ next time I open the app even though I’ve watched 3.  If I watch episode 3 until episode 4 starts and then exit the app, next time I open the app it comes up ‘watch episode 3’ instead of ‘continue episode 4’. Major fail. I’ve watched ‘Barry’ s4e8 all the way through twice and it still comes up as ‘continue watching’. When I select it it starts at a point I’ve already watched twice.