Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbieK
Reel Rookie

Lost BBC America Channel

We've watched BBC America for years now via our Roku stick.  About 6 weeks ago, when I tried to connect to it, BBC America started up for a couple of seconds and then kicked me out back to the Roku main page.  I tried deleting BBC America for my Roku channels.  It allowed me to load the channel (BBC America) back on from scratch, but then the same thing happens and it boots me off again.  This only happens with BBC America ; all my other channels start up and play normally.  

To make it weirder, my friend who also has Roku, loaded BBC America onto her Roku account and it plays beautifully!

I'm wondering if this has something to do with my account because we have 2 roku sticks on 2 separate TVs and its happening on both of them.  

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help solve the mystery!!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost BBC America Channel

When reinstalling a channel, best practice is:

• Remove channel
  • Clear Roku's memory cache by restarting the Roku**.  (Without this step you may not get a clean reinstall.)
  • Reinstall the channel.

**Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path "Settings/System/Power" or if not there, under "Settings/System".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
robbieK
Reel Rookie

Hey Makaiguy, 

You from Hawaii?  I am, but live on the mainland now 😞

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately it didn't work.  I have 2 roku sticks and 2 TVs and it is happening on both of them.  The only channel affected is BBC America on both Roku sticks, so it seems like it must be related to my account, yeah?

Anyway, do you have any other ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks and much Aloha!

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue in NYC. Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
LouH

I too am experiencing this issue .

0 Kudos