Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestream does not work on CTV app

Title says it all. The rest of the CTV app works fine, but the when I choose the livestream option, the green "loading" circle just spins constantly without going to the channel. The livestream worked until a couple weeks ago but recently I cannot get the livestream to load. Other livestream channels work fine, but for some reason CTV does not. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, checking for updates (on the app and player), but nothing will get it to work. 

3 REPLIES 3
RogueMonk

Re: Livestream does not work on CTV app

Same issue here. Been like this for a couple weeks.

0 Kudos
Namacinnis
Reel Rookie

Having same issue here, can’t play live tv on ctv app. I’ve already removed the app and installed it again. I’ve restarted the Roku. I also can’t play previous episodes on shows. I have a tv provider and sign in. Beyond frustrating!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend removing the channel, then restarting the Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.