Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Live TV not working, black screen except when using home button first

@Celeste1

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried to first replace the batteries in your remote to rule out that possibility? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Are you making sure to point your remote to the IR sensor on the TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rustybeach
Reel Rookie

It's insulting to even suggest replacing batteries in the remote. There is obviously some glitch in at least one of the Roku updates that is causing so many people to have this issue. It happens sporadically, and sometimes just unplugging the TV and roku for a minute, then plugging back in temporarily resolves the issue. Sometimes it takes days to resolve. I had it happen for one hour two Saturdays ago, and it resolved itself without me realizing it. Sometimes you get no audio, just video; sometimes you get audio and no video; sometimes you have to change the channel using the arrows, turn the tv off, then back on to go to the channel you want. It is very annoying when it occurs

fmocrm

I am experiencing the same issue with a Hitachi Roku tv.

Roku TV: 5509X

Hitachi model: 43R5

SN: 2N007P636502

Device ID: 9846A7636502

Tracker ID: 02-247-508

0 Kudos
txmerlin
Reel Rookie

Add me to the list.

Model: 7135X - Roku TV

Serial number: YN00HW830519 (KMK96H830519)

Software version: 11.0.0 - build 4193-30

Issue ID: 19-247-590

Have restarted system, powered everything off and unplugged and done factory reset.  Rescanned channels after reset and still no live tv!

Cawfee

Model A108X

Serial: X0030090C6AT

Software 11.0.0 

Issue ID AT-247-617

live channel through antenna is blank and channel line up is all blank too but can see the UI no text in it, no video

erik11
Channel Surfer

Same here.. just happened to me.

0 Kudos
korvesem

I’m having the same problem with my 40” Hisense Roku TV.  Only thing which seemed to work was to disconnect from WiFi but then I can’t stream other channels.  I shouldn’t have to turn the WiFi connection off/on depending on whether I want to watch live tv or stream something.  If the latest software upgrade has such a major flaw, how did it get out of the testing stage and why hasn’t Roku already either fixed the problem or undo the upgrade?  Such a major flaw in the software should have been found before releasing an update.  

erik11
Channel Surfer

At-247-69

image.jpg

0 Kudos
erik11
Channel Surfer

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Karobekian

Issue report tracker Same thing happening on my Roku tv today, only goes to the last channel I was on, nothing shows on guide and black screen, did confirm that if you disconnect from the internet it works, so thanks to the previous poster for the workaround, as it is the only thing that has fixed it for me.   Won’t let me upload a photo, just asks for source and dimensions but won’t work from my iPhone. 
Issue report tracker
Model: C105X - Roku TV
Serial number: X0000083YLEO (S036D013YLEO)
Software version: 11.0.0 • build 4193-93
Timestamp:2022-06-22T00:36:35Z
Please use issue ID EO-247-716 to report the current Issue

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.