Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Unable to watch Super Bowl

You should have done a Google search instead of relying on Roku email. From what I heard (I didn't watch it), you could use the Fox Sports app to watch it, even without a Fox Sports subscription.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Unable to watch Super Bowl

If you can't find the app on your home screen after adding the channel from the channel store, then it is possible that your Roku is too old to be supported by that specific app. Another possibility is that your Roku device is set up on an account that is different from the Roku account that you were signed into on your computer when you clicked to add the channel. (Check Settings -> System -> About on your Roku and make sure the same email address in being used on the computer.)

If my guess about not finding the app is incorrect, then more details of what went wrong would help.

0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to watch Super Bowl

I did look on google, I kept being directed to the Fox Sports app and was always reminded that it was already installed.

Thanks, though

0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

All sign ins were done with the only email and password I have on Roku. It didn't work on my laptop, desktop, or my Roku TV. Either way, it's too late now. Thanks though

0 Kudos

Re: How to stream the Super Bowl for free on Roku devices (2023)

Hi Roku folks, 

Just want to say a big THANKS to you for the opportunity to see yesterday's Super Bowl!!! It was the best !!! I finally got the opportunity to see the big game after many seasons without the opportunity to do so. I am forever a Roku fan and supporter, Thanks very very much for your generosity. Love you guys. 

With overflowing gratitude, 

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaypippet wrote:

All sign ins were done with the only email and password I have on Roku. It didn't work on my laptop, desktop, or my Roku TV. Either way, it's too late now. Thanks though

Really sorry to hear about the issue here! If you were unable to access on multiple non-Roku devices, the issue may have been something else. The game was only available in the US, so ensure you were using a US ISP. If you were traveling outside of the US or using a proxy or VPN, you may have been unable to access the content. Finally, we hear occasionally that certain ad-blockers or router configurations to block certain traffic may impact some content availability. 

If none of those above were obstacles, you may want to reach out to FOX Sports directly!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

The worst part was watching my friends leave disappointed. I'm in NY State. No VPN. No ad blockers on my Roku TV, which is only a few years old. How often does the software get updated and put "older" Roku sets out of service. Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaypippet wrote:

The worst part was watching my friends leave disappointed. I'm in NY State. No VPN. No ad blockers on my Roku TV, which is only a few years old. How often does the software get updated and put "older" Roku sets out of service. Thanks for your input.

Really sorry to hear that, it sounds very frustrating when you were expecting to be able to watch the game.

Historically, we roll out an OS update twice a year. But all Roku TVs are currently supported and even when we stop sending out new updates, most channels will continue functioning as expected, those older players just don't receive new features. 

As mentioned though, if you were unable to access the content on multiple devices besides just the Roku TV, then the issue is something else. We didn't hear of widespread issues for the big game but we can certainly understand the frustration of the game not working for you.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos