Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidfstnyc
Channel Surfer

How do I remove an HBOMAX "Mystery" Account?

I just loaded HBOMax, I have an active HBOMAX account. When I opened HBOMAX it appears that I am already logged-in to a completely different account with users I don't know.

There is no way to navigate to log-out of the account to sign-in as a different account.

When selecting HBOMAX from the Home screen and selecting Options * I do not get a prompt to "Manage Subscription" but I can remove the channel, which does nothing to allow me to re-install without ending up at the same place. Signed-in to some HBOMAX Mystery accout.

Any help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: How do I remove an HBOMAX "Mystery" Account?

Relax. Hold on. It’s all very easy. This isn’t a Roku issue. Is your Roku linked to other Roku’s? Do you have multiple devices? Does a family member or friend share your Roku account? So your saying some other email and profile is logged into HBO Max?

Launch HBO Max

Select a profile

From the left side menu select settings 

Scroll all the way over to the left and sign out

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I remove an HBOMAX "Mystery" Account?

@Davidfstnyc 

One other thing to look into, because if what I'm wanting you to check is actually happening, the problem could reoccur.

Go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Scroll all the way down. Do you see any Roku devices listed? How many? Do you know where they all are?

Because if there is a Roku device that someone else has -- friend, family member, one you gave away or even had stolen from you -- and they have HBO Max installed and logged in, since it's tied to your account, Roku's Single Sign On process could be stepping in and auto-logging you in.

Of course, if there are no mystery/forgotten Roku devices, then this isn't happening, so ignore this post.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.