Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwordenok

Hallmark Movies Now app vs Roku Channel

I'm experiencing this same issue.  Has anyone figured out why the offerings are not the same?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hallmark Movies Now app vs Roku Channel

Hi @mwordenok,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about the different offers of shows between The Roku Channel—Hallmark Movies Now—and the standalone channel, Hallmark Movies Now. Please be advised that depending on the contract between The Roku Channel and Hallmark Movies Now, movie and content availability may vary at times. We would recommend checking periodically to see if the content returns or appears in the future. You can also try reaching out directly to the channel partner for more details.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be glad to assist.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mwordenok

So if I'm not saving any money going thru Roku vs Hallmark Movies Now direct, why should I continue my subscription with Roku if I'm not getting the same content?  Same price should = same content. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mwordenok, it isn't that simple.  If you go through Roku they get a cut of the subscription (generally 20%, but I'd be willing to bet that the bigger providers make their own deals).  If you go directly with a provider then I couldn't say what Roku gets, but they no doubt get something. So while it may look like the same price to you, the provider probably doesn't get the same amount from you.  Most here would recommend always bypassing third parties (Roku, Apple, Amazon, etc.) and subscribe directly with the provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.