Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Try highlighting again and hit the * key this time do Check for updates.  What version S/W are you at on the same page.

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Maybe try if you haven't already

Here's how to sign in on your Roku TV:

1. Open Max and choose the Profile icon in the upper-left corner.
  2. Choose Sign In. (Sign in not available? You may already be signed in.) I WOULD SIGN OUT
  3. Choose Sign in Through TV or Mobile Provider. Stay on the screen with the 6-character code while you grab your phone or computer.
  4. Open a browser on your phone or computer and in the address bar, type https://hbomax.com/tvsignin. You should see an Enter Code page (https://activate.hbomax.com).
  5. Enter the 6-character code that appears on your TV and then choose Next.
  6. Choose who you subscribe through (your provider). If you're using a computer or tablet, choose View All Providers and then select your provider.
  7. Enter the username and password for your provider account that includes HBO Max. 
  8. Good luck
0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

With MAX the signin is under settings

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That is exactly how I did it and it keeps taking me back to the signin page each time even though I’m already signed in. Won’t take me to the actual movies is shows page. 

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

IMG_0287.jpeg

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bottom left "settings" Sign out if it says you're signed in

0 Kudos
jordan2240
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to sign into the new MAX (formerly HBO Max)

Jump to solution

got it working.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lordrainkm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For those who got it working... how? I'm experiencing the same issue. Only happening on my roku. LG smart TV, phone and tablet work fine.

Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Did that too. I’ve done everything 

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No one is telling me their Roku versions? Make sure you have the latest ver.  Itmay be like XMsirius app updated and now only works on 3rd gen fire sticks, won't work at all on Gen 2 fire sticks. Maybe the same type problem.  How old is your Roku?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.