Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting ESPN+ has been disabled messageterrible

Give me my money back!

0 Kudos
brullstr

Re: Getting ESPN+ has been disabled message

I get the same error. I have been watching ESPN+ on Roku for years, and all of the sudden this error just showed up. Spent over an hour with ESPN support, and they can't figure it out. There doesn't seem to be any way to fix this.

brullstr

After spending hours with ESPN technical support, it appears that the issue is that I purchased my ESPN+ subscription from Roku instead of ESPN. When you purchase through Roku, you can't manage your subscription through the ESPN website, you can't watch ESPN+ on you laptop, it doesn't work on your android, but it does work on iOS. And ironically, it doesn't even work on your Roku TV because you get the disabled message discussed in this thread.

It looks like I will need to wait a month until my ESPN+ subscription from Roku expires, so I can then purchase directly from ESPN and hopefully resolve all these issues. I have purchased direct from ESPN many times before in the past and have never had any of these issues.

In the mean time, I guess I'll have to steal my kids iPad to watch any games.

0 Kudos
mml

I'm getting issue as well.  I didn't intend to purchase subscription from Roku, but when I entered my e-mail on espn+ website, it seemed to default to roku because I had purchased a one month subscription thru Roku a couple years ago.  Espn tech support couldn't figure anything out.  I haven't been able to reach Roku tech support.

0 Kudos