Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malchats
Reel Rookie

Fireplace channel content does not play

Lately, the content on the Fireplace Channel on my Roku Express has stopped playing, Selecting a video calls up the 'loading' circle icon, but then the player immediately drops back to the menu page. Nothing on the channel plays anymore. This was working just a week or two ago. What has happened here? Any help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fireplace channel content does not play

If you've already restarted your Roku and it hasn't helped, generally when a problem is confined to one channel/app, the first thing to try is to remove the channel (highlight it on the Home Screen, press * on your remote, choose "Remove channel"), restart your device from Settings->System or Settings->System-Power (as appropriate), add the channel again from Streaming Channels.  Don't skip the restart step or do it out of order.  The remove, restart, add procedure doesn't always fix issues, but it's a good place to start.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
malchats
Reel Rookie

Re: Fireplace channel content does not play

Yes, I already did the uninstall-restart-reinstall thing. I didn't help--when I did it, Oddly, the channel as of last night started behaving again. A mystery.

0 Kudos