Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fawesome Has WAY too many commercials and they are all the same and very loud

Have been watching "Gone Baby Gone" and the movie stops every few minutes for the same commercials - very little film watching. Also the commercials are way too loud. Next time this happens with a Fawesome movie, I will get out of it right away and go to another channel with less commercials and better sound. I thought I like this channel, but now I know better.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Des4444
Reel Rookie

Re: Fawesome commercials 6 to 8 in a row!!!

I agree. I just watched my first movie on Fawesome, and it will be my last. Exactly at every multiple of 8 minutes, there were many commercials. But the worst part was, they were the SAME commercials each time, including some that played multiple time during the same break!  Actually, the very worst part, and I am not making this up, 4 out of every 5 commercials were Kamala Harris commercials! Unbelievably disappointing.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fawesome commercials 6 to 8 in a row!!!

Unfortunately. I will agree The Fawesome channel/app on the Roku is painful, especially the last few years.  The ad frequency on it is what I consider excessive and abusive.

However, if you watch directly from the Fawesome website, it is a much better experience.   https://fawesome.tv/home/

Depending on your setup, you can watch with very little commercials or no commercials.  

By going directly to the Fawesome website, you can watch via a browser and either connect a laptop directly to your TV via HDMI cable (bypassing the Roku) or casting it through your Roku to your TV.

As streamers, if a channel/app produces an unpleasant viewing experience one way on any platform, then the user should explore other legitimate methods in order to get the same content in a more acceptable manner.

Since many of these streaming channels/apps have their own websites to view content, I regularly just use a laptop with my TV.  (or you can use mobile device like phone/tablet to get the content to your TV).

It is not unreasonable to be subjected to some ads while watching free content, but there is a reasonable limit.

edited to add... Not even sure why there continues to be so many ads with their library content since their Live TV (not available on the website, but is through the Roku) is very reasonable with the ad breaks.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.