Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmtslt5
Reel Rookie

Re: ESPN the requested page is not configured

Okay here’s the latest. About 3 days ago I tried the ESPN app and it worked. I’m back in. I hope that means that everyone will soon be up and running. I haven’t had it for 3 months or more so I was completely shocked. I had pretty much given up. I didn’t do anything at all so I don’t have any suggestions. Sorry 

0 Kudos
lbrigman
Reel Rookie

My ISP isn't blocking me as I'm on a Fibre connection that has no connection to any of the big cable providers.  

I did read somewhat that as of Dec 1.  ESPN was going to be on Hulu so maybe they cut over sooner.  

Wish they could have actually made a public announcement about it.

0 Kudos
OpusThePenguin
Channel Surfer

Hi Everyone, my problem is solved but at a price.  So, I continued working with ESPN tech support - they eventually told me everything on their end was working properly (it wasn't - still showed a geographic block on my access) and ESPN support started blaming my ISP (Willamette Valley Fiber).  Said it was not their problem & invited me to leave feedback on their website.  ARIN & IP Chicken showed my IP address in Oregon. I spoke to my ISP, and they said a few other customers had a similar problem over the last few months.  One customer who had a problem with Hulu solved it by resetting their account with Hulu.  I suspect this may be related to the new Disney+ bundle.  I have had an ESPN account for years but recently switched it over as part of the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle which ROKU offered at a reduced price ($70 per month).  I contacted Hulu customer support & eventually convinced a skeptical rep to reset my account.  In order to do this, they completely closed my entire bundle.  I then signed up again (at a total cost of $90 per month - Ouch!) with a new email address and new bundle account.  Voila!  Everything works properly - Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ apps all work as normal.  Beware if you do this, Roku will use your Roku account email address by default for all apps, so you may have to log off each app and sign back in with the appropriate email address.  If you are brave, you might keep your same email address, don't know if that would work out.  This worked for me, but I lost the Roku special pricing on the bundle.  Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Dan63
Channel Surfer

Same ISP, same problem for a couple weeks now. Also now having trouble validating my account in Draft Kings due to geo location errors that started about the same time.

0 Kudos
Dan63
Channel Surfer

Followup: ISP is Willamette Valley Fiber. ESPN+ will not work on ROKU or even via the web due to location errors. HOWEVER, the same laptop that won't function properly via WVF in my home works just great using another ISP.

Draft Kings, which used to work fine over WVF, now can't properly locate my address, although the same account, again, works just fine on another ISP.

0 Kudos
Dan63
Channel Surfer

Check with your ISP.

My ISP is Willamette Valley Fiber. ESPN+ will not work on ROKU or even via the web due to location errors. HOWEVER, the same laptop that won't function properly via WVF in my home works just great using another ISP.

Draft Kings, which used to work fine over WVF, now can't properly locate my address, although the same account, again, works just fine on another ISP.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Dan63, that's a problem only your ISP can fix.  You can try one of the many geolocation websites to see where these providers might think you're located:

https://www.geolocation.com/en_us
https://www.iplocation.net/
https://www.geolocation.com/

They may not all agree and you can search for others if you like.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.