Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney and prime video in Greece

Hello all! I have the Roku tv for the past 4years, i live in Greece, i bought it though Amazon.co.uk.

Even though Amazon prime and Disney plus are available in Greece we still can't not install them on the Roku .

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney and prime video in Greece

@Markos_greece 

Yes. Roku allows any app to run anywhere.

Roku also allows the app developer to determine where the app runs. So, if you're in a place that the app doesn't work, that's because the app developers (Disney and Amazon, in your instance) have decided to not support the Roku app in those regions.

As for why? Well, Roku itself is not supported there. If you have a Roku there, it was imported. Roku wasn't sold through an authorized seller in that region.

Many app developers will not support their Roku app in regions where Roku itself is not supported. Disney and Amazon won't support their apps in such regions. Many others won't either. But some will. Netflix, for example, works there on Roku because Netflix chose to support their app there.

If you want the apps to work there, it's up to Disney and Amazon to make that call. Roku isn't the one stopping them from working.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.