Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Re: Channels continue to crash

And another hard crash...

5A-149-839

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bam-Bam

Thanks for the updates.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue and do not need any additional tracker IDs from you at this time.

Once more information is available or additional information is needed, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Hmnmm....  I purchased this device well over a year ago and have been asking for help for about that long.  I provide info and get told that it's a known issue and reference a thread that when Roku said was fixed, my Roku still crashes.  I have to start another thread (which is now 3.5 months old and I just keep getting told that it's being investigated without updates from Roku for months at a time.

BTW.....  My Roku recently upgraded to 11.0.0 - build 4184-C2 and it crashed again tonight.

And Roku considers this acceptable behavior?  Something to be proud of?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bam-Bam

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue after updating to the latest OS 11.0, have you made sure to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then add the channel back again. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R 

Yes - I've removed channels and even completely reset the device and reconfigured the channels.  I've already provided Roku all the info previously.... multiple times.  I think your response proves that nobody has been truly investigating this issue.

And yea... it crashed again today.

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

After if finally came back, threw it on YouTube and it crashed.  I removed the channel (AGAIN) and reinstalled it and linked it with my account and after a few minutes.... crashed.

5A-170-970

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Hulu channel

5A-172-595

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

And another.  This time, it wouldn't even automatically reboot and I had to unplug it and cold boot the Roku.  Even had to reconfigure its internet connection again.

5A-172-993

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bam-Bam

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

It hard crashed again yesterday, but when it came up, I saw that the system updated to version: 11.0.0 - build 4193-C2.

Tried using the Roku today and it hard crashed again after a short time.

5A-179-966

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.