Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atman-

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

The channel icons are now too small to read the text in many cases.  There should be a size option or accessible option to increase size.  Not everyone has perfect sight.

JeffMiner
Channel Surfer

Roku made it impossible to see apps since made them smaller and 4 across. Screen looks cluttered seeing that many at s time. Older people need large iconz. Thinking of throwing away Roku as worthless for trying to find apps when Home Screen so small and cluttered. Need way to change back to three across soon or will no longer use Roku. Someone made big mistake with this change. I would like to be notified when can change back. Other problem with s can’t find way to actually contact Roku or give feedback on this change. Thanks Roku for making things worse.

RP08
Binge Watcher

Yeah, I have an old 37" tv, and because we don't have a very big living room, anything over a 40" would be too large. These icons are super small and hard to see. We should at least have an option to change this. Other users may have wanted this, but wouldn't it make more sense to be able to give your user base options? This is also an accessibility issue for those with poorer eye sight. 

C'mon Roku marketing team, let's think things through before rolling out big changes like this.

Deeleo

I absolutely hate the 4x4.  They are way to small.  I will be finding another way to get my channels if you do not change it back.  We are at the stage in our lives where we need the larger icons.  So don’t change,  we will.  Life is too short to be short changed with what we want. Good luck keeping people loyal to your devices, especially when you don’t give options to choose our own home screen. 

lr3
Channel Surfer

Baloney! As we have all said, NOT EVERYONE has a huge TV. The REASON WE chose ROKU over Amazon is because the User Interface was LESS CLUTTERED!. Now it's a cluttered mess, like Amazon or the Yahoo home page.

You've made many of your users angry. Hire a developer who can let us CHOOSE the size of the grid pattern.

Sissyjoy59

Roku...

The new 4x4 icons SUCK!!  You ask for opinions, Why change it if it's not broken???  Lots of disgusted people.  Please go back to the 3x3 or at least give us the option to choose.

mjvara
Reel Rookie

This shows an astounding disregard for those with eyesight issues -- especially seniors. Even with my eyeglasses while I can see the channel icons/read their names it's just a bit more challenging and clutters up the TV screen (even my 55 inch Roku TV). We live in an age of greater awareness of accessibility needs and of importance of allowing customization of screens (example: font size choices on iPad and Kindle devices). Please correct this ASAP. I've been a Roku customer since about 2008 (in my mid-40s then). I don't deserve this disregard of my needs as I grow older.

EricDossey
Reel Rookie

Terrible to do this without any notice.  It would have been better for Roku to allow users to select grid format instead of forcing it on all users.  

My vote is to remove it and make it optional in the settings.

EricD

WTF1523
Reel Rookie

Hi there... I just posted this on an older thread about the same thing.  Are there any updates?  Mine just switched yesterday and it's enough of a problem for me that I'll have to switch to a Fire stick if it won't change soon.   Thank you.

jro2

There are about a dozen old people that rely on me for tech stuff. I recommend phones, computers, and also TVs and streaming devices. Until now, I have always told them to buy a Roku TV, because they have the best interface and are a good value. But the small icons literally make the device unusable for many of them. I'm not a fan myself either. I find it almost unconscionable that your UI people implemented this change without including the ability to revert it.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.