Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioshta
Binge Watcher

Cannot watch anything on the roku channel. not on my computer, phone, or devices.

it says on the browser. on my phone it says it cannot play at this time and to try again later. I have rebooted my phone multiple times, removed the app and reinstalled it. I have rebooted the router still no luck. I do not see how its something on my end that I can actually control to fix this.
worked 2 days ago stopped working yesterday.

Something went wrong

Sorry, this page can't be viewed. Check your browser settings and try again.

32 REPLIES 32
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot watch anything on the roku channel. not on my computer, phone, or devices.

Hi @ioshta

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or inside  The Roku Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

Re: Cannot watch anything on the roku channel. not on my computer, phone, or devices.

I am on https://therokuchannel.roku.com/
every video I have tried that isn't specifying a different company fails to play. same thing on my phone and tv. (tv is using roku device)
as an example I have tried to play stargate ark of truth to test, can't play. same with galaxy quest. literally any video I have tried gives the same result. no vpn, no add block running.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @ioshta,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku device, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. In order to assist you better, could you please provide us with the following information:

• The model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version of your Roku device. You can find these by going to Settings > System > About.
  • Is this issue happening on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is it? You can find this information by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.
  • Tracker ID when the issue occurs. When you see the issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
  • A screenshot of what is being shown on the screen.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further and assist you in resolving the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm regards, 
Lianna

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

as stated multiple times its not just on the roku device. this occurs from my phone app, and my laptop.
its on the roku channel itself, I have given a link to it. I have now also specified at least 2 shows.

roku.png

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @ioshta

Thank you for the post.

Please provide us the following details above so we can take a close look and see what we can do.

Your cooperation in promptly supplying the above-mentioned details would be greatly appreciated. The provided information will enable us to take a close look at the matter and explore potential solutions to address any concerns or issues effectively.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and we look forward to your prompt response.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

Lets address this on the laptop and phone first before the roku device thank you. 

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

I would like us to address this a bit differently as I know its not the specific device. Its something to do with the main page and my router, if I bypass via my cell to the actual episode and then reconnect to the network it works just fine. Is there some special setting that needs to be implemented. as stated this worked previously and nothing was changed on my router.

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

k seems pretty clear the roku channel is not worth anyone time. anyone who comes across this I would suggest looking for an alternative.

noob

seems to work pretty well on my android device but in PC dosen't work

0 Kudos