Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amblack

Cannot Watch "Victory at Sea" on The Roku Channel app on Samsung Smart TV (Tizen)

Hello! I'm using The Roku Channel app on my Samsung Smart TV 2016 running Tizen 2.4.

Almost all shows can be played and work great. However one show in particular gets stuck on "loading" and fails to play on the Smart TV.

I have recorded my TV screen while attempting to play this show to demonstrate the issue:

https://streamable.com/a9zdl0

First I play a couple working shows to demonstrate it is not an internet or TV issue. Then I attempt to play the problematic show and it spins for a while, then eventually allows me to open controls but does not play no matter what I do. I then show one more working show for good measure.

Since the show is so old, I wonder if it is an unsupported codec issue? I am not sure how to access logs etc. from the app to troubleshoot this issue further.

Could any The Roku Channel app devs please comment if you see this issue?

#the roku channel

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot Watch "Victory at Sea" on The Roku Channel app on Samsung Smart TV (Tizen)

@amblack 

Are you able to install Plex app on your Samsung?

Plex is also showing Victory at Sea for free.  This way can see if a Roku Channel issue for you.

Both of them streamed fine on my Roku devices, so at least the streams are working. (can rule that out as preliminary issue.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.