Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joecool1
Reel Rookie

Can't get national CBS on Roku

Jump to solution

I subscribe to FuboTV & I understand that they've dropped my local CBS station, but I can't get the national CBS station using my Roku.  I can access the national CBS station if I am using a different smart TV, but when I'm using my older TV that uses a Roku, I can't.  So, I figure that it's not a FuboTV problem, but a Roku problem.  Any advice???  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joecool1
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get national CBS on Roku

Jump to solution

Thank you to RokuLianna, for suggesting that I contact FuboTV, which I did.  While it did take a while, the issue is now resolved.  The fix was handled by FuboTV and I am satisfied with the outcome.  I appreciate RokuLianna for leading me in the right direction to get this problem taken care of.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @joecool1

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on CBS or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you are experiencing issues with your CBS channel on your Roku device and receiving an error message that says you do not have enough memory, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your Roku device: A simple restart can often solve many issues with Roku devices, including memory-related issues. To do this, go to your Roku's Settings menu, then select System and then System restart.
  • Clear your Roku's cache: Another solution is to clear your Roku's cache, which can sometimes help to free up space in the device's memory. To do this, go to Settings, then System, then Advanced system settings, and then select the option to Clear cache.
  • Removing the affected channel CBS and then re-install again: We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Check your internet connection: If your internet connection is slow or unstable, this can also cause issues with the YouTube channel on your Roku device. Make sure your Roku device is connected to a stable and fast Wi-Fi network.
    We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
    Lianna
0 Kudos
joecool1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, but the issue is not a lack of memory/space nor an internet speed problem.  I get an error message because FuboTV discontinued providing access to my local CBS station, like my local news station and any local broadcasts.  I understand that but I should be able to watch the national CBS content, like national CBS news and the national CBS broadcast shows.  However, when I try to access those, I get the message that the content is not available to me.  I only get this message when I'm using the TV using the Roku device.  I can view that content on a different TV that doesn't have the Roku device. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @joecool1

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Fubo TV channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Fubo TV Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
joecool1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you to RokuLianna, for suggesting that I contact FuboTV, which I did.  While it did take a while, the issue is now resolved.  The fix was handled by FuboTV and I am satisfied with the outcome.  I appreciate RokuLianna for leading me in the right direction to get this problem taken care of.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sallye

Jump to solution

We have ATT UVerse and usually can get CBS latest Episodes, but this week, we get an "error" message (nonspecific) which crashes the Roku from CBS and this happens on ALL CBS shows. We signed in just before accessing it since we hadn't accessed in a few months, so that's not the problem. All the other channels and Roku access apps work fine.

We can see the CBS channel, its offerings, shows, episode lists, etc., just fine, but when we click "play" on any episode, it hangs up loading, then defaults to an "error" message every time.

What is the problem, please, and how to fix it?

FYI: UVerse also hasn't loaded this latest Episode (East New York) (or any other) on its own UVerse On Demand and it's been over a week!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @Sallye

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

• Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is properly connected to the internet. Try restarting your Roku device and modem/router to refresh the connection.
  • Update your Roku software: Ensure that your Roku device is running the latest version of its software. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for updates.
  • Check your location: CBS All Access is only available in certain regions. Make sure that you are located in an area where CBS All Access is available.
  • Contact CBS support: If none of the above steps work, you can contact CBS support for further assistance.

I hope that helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ginettey

Jump to solution

how do i find out of CBS All Access is available in my area (05488)

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ginettey

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations where they choose to publish their channel (app). We suggest reaching out to CBC support for further help.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos