Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
styler001
Reel Rookie

Can't add Memocast channel

Jump to solution

I'm trying to add the Memocast channel to my list.  I enter the code for the channel, the screen comes up with the channel and I verify I want to add it to my account.  I click OK (I have to click twice), then I get a code 404 screen saying the URL wasn't found on the server, and the channel hasn't been added to my account.

I did this a couple of weeks ago on another account and it worked fine.

I'm NOT behind a VPN.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to get around it.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't add Memocast channel

Jump to solution

Hello @styler001 

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like you are trying to add a private channel to your Roku account by using a channel access code. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

For more information about why a channel is no longer available, visit our Support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greeting @styler001

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We catch that you are having trouble adding Memocast Channel on your Roku device. It looks like the channel is no longer available on the Roku Channel store and cannot be located in the channel search. Could you tell us where are you located? To clarify, are you adding the channel from the Roku website? 

In that case, we suggest you try this again on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV and access the Roku Store to add a new channel to see if there's any difference. 

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
styler001
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for the quick reply.

I am in the U.S.

Here are the directions from Memocast's website:

Add Memocast Channel
  • Open Roku site
  • Sign In to your Roku account
  • Open your account settings
  • In "Manage Account" section of the page click on Add a Channel
  • Enter access code KL6JZQL and click "Add Channel"
  • Memocast Channel will appear on your Roku device in a few minutes

And here are the instructions on linking it to Roku:

Link your Roku with Memocast
  • Open Memocast Channel on your Roku
  • Log into your Memocast Gold Membership account from a browser to get a PIN CODE
  • Get activation PIN CODE here
  • Enter activation 6 digit PIN CODE on Roku

There may be a delay between the time it takes to update your Roku player and the message you see on the TV. Please wait a few minutes.

I never get to the "Link your Roku with Memocast" part.  That's where I get the server error.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @styler001 

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like you are trying to add a private channel to your Roku account by using a channel access code. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

For more information about why a channel is no longer available, visit our Support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos