Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glow18
Reel Rookie

CBS app's most recent episodes are locked

When I try to watch the most recent episodes of shows on the CBS app, they're locked, even though on CBS.com and the CBS app on my phone, the older episodes are locked and the most recent episodes are free. I've already reached out to CBS and confirmed that the 5 most recent episodes are supposed to be free to stream, so this is a glitch on the CBS Roku app. I've already deleted and re-downloaded the app and updated the app to the newest version. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: CBS app's most recent episodes are locked

@glow18

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend making sure when removing the channel, that you restart the device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Glow18,

Our family is having the same issue with watching the most recent shows on roku with cbs. We can watch all the new cbs episodes just fine on our phones with cbs app, but not on roku. At this point, roku is not worth it, if we can Not watch our shows on roku. 

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Is this the CBS app, or Paramount+?

FYI. Roku isn't a channel developer, it's merely a platform for the channels. If there is an issue with the app itself, and the typical steps to resolve the issue did not work, you'll need to contact that channel developer.

Have you checked for channel updates?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
laci22

We're having the same problem. I uninstalled CBS, ran any system updates, restarted my Roku, and then downloaded CBS again. Still new episodes are locked. 

My only thought was maybe when the next new episode comes out then the previous one will unlock. New episodes are available tonight. Hopefully that will solve the issue. 

But there still the why I can watch them on my phone and not through my Roku on the CBS app. 

0 Kudos
3dogtv

We are having this same problem but on ABC, NBC and CBS.  The previous episodes are unlocked but the latest ones are locked.  

Makes it sound like a ROKU problem.  

0 Kudos
glow18
Reel Rookie

I'm still having the issue with the CBS app, and others are as well. Is there a way Roku can reach out to CBS and see what the issue is? The issue is only on Roku, not cbs.com or the CBS app on my phone. I've already reached out to CBS support to no avail.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @glow18

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos