Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BulldogPunch
Reel Rookie

[Bug] Unrelated commercials playing on The Roku Channel

I've been watching "Line of Duty" on Britbox through The Roku Channel. Up until now, through seasons 1-3 I have never seen a commercial. However this evening, during season 4, episode 3, I began seeing commercials for Paramount+ on The Roku Channel. During this episode and subsequent episodes I've been seeing multiple commercials either 1min or 30secs in length. Obviously this is some kind of bug. But I power cycled my Roku Ultra and these unrelated commercials are still showing even after restart. What in the world is going on?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
muko

Re: [Bug] Unrelated commercials playing on The Roku Channel

Did you ever figure out how to get rid of the commercials on Britbox through ROKU?  I just signed up for the Britbox trial and find the shows I watched full of commercials and Britbox is supposed to be commercial free.

0 Kudos
BulldogPunch
Reel Rookie

Re: [Bug] Unrelated commercials playing on The Roku Channel

Unfortunately no. I ended up just downloading the entire series off torrents. I'm pretty sure it was a bug in The Roku Channel because the commercials seemed to indicate they were for the Paramount+ app. And as you said Britbox should be ad free.

Power cycling did nothing for me but I suppose you could try factory resetting your Roku. However I'm pretty sure it's just a bug in their app.

0 Kudos