Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjg
Reel Rookie

Apple TV+ suddenly disappears off 1 out of 3 ROKU TVs.

I have 3 TVs with ROKU. Suddenly, the APPLE TV+ tile on one set disappeared but it remains, and remains working, on the other 2 sets. How do I get the APPLE TV+ to show back up on that one set? I've already done the unplug everything-wait-plug back in dance. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV+ suddenly disappears off 1 out of 3 ROKU TVs.

@cjg 

It may be update related.  I had a few tiles disappear the other day off the home screen on my Ultra 4660 but could still access them by searching for shows (kinda weird).

I had to Search for the missing channel from the "Streaming Channels" search which then allowed me to "Remove" the channel/app (although it was already missing).  I then performed a System Restart and then reinstalled the channel/app.  Has been fine since.

I don't have AppleTV channel/app so if you do the above procedure, you may have to login/sign-in across your devices if you remove it from one device and they are all linked to the same account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
cjg
Reel Rookie

Thanks, AvsGunnar, much appreciated!

Unfortunately, trying to replicate your fix, I now discovered that not only on the TV that no longer displays the APPLE TV+ tile but on all my three sets the "STREAMING CHANNELS" search is also missing! It's just not there on any of my ROKU devices. So this is getting not only "curiouser and curiouser" as Alice would say but more difficult to fix!

Any other advice?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@cjg 

Try performing a manual System/Software Update on all the Roku TVs/devices you own and see if maybe something just got corrupted wich is affecting the entire Roku account.

Settings/System/Software Update/[Check Now] and press OK.

After each System/Software Update on each RokuTV/device, make sure you do a full System Restart. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart or Settings/System/System Restart depending on device.).

----

Also wouldn't hurt to do a Reboot of your Router just to clear out any cached settings that may be contributing to issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
hoosier_hoser
Reel Rookie

Roku 4: Apple+ Not Offered In Streaming Channel List

I have a Roku 3, Roku 4 (11.5.0) and Roku TV.  On the Roku 3 and Roku TV, Apple+ is installed and working.  On my Roku 4 Apple+ is not offered in the Streaming Channels list.  The only similar app in the list is Apple TV Plus Screeners, which offers very limited previews.

Might anyone know why Apple+ is not offered?  And what I have to do to get it?

Thanks ...

0 Kudos
GT11

That worked for me fine. No loss of Apple on other televisions.

0 Kudos