Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

service stops and goes to menu

When I am watching a channel - Netflix, Prime or HULU the program shuts off and screen goes back to menu (screen goes black for a couple of seconds) 

Seems like it is set on a time to shut down.  Sometimes this happens once an hour. 

I have an older Roku 2500X

thanks in advance 

ann

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: service stops and goes to menu

@anniemaxx 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you have a much older device.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you would be interested in upgrading your device, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Service stops and goes to menu or screen just goes black

I was having the same problem for a while and now on top of that, when I am watching the MGM channel, after a while the screen just goes black. I actually have to back out to the menu and go back in and it works for a while and blacks out again.  This is doing this on both of the Roku devices that I have now. I recently purchased them so they are not old. Why does this happen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Service stops and goes to menu or screen just goes black

@vfjames1 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos