Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

"A Network Error Has Occurred" + "Youtube is Unavailable"

So for the last month, in the YouTube app, while watching a video or something just browsing video titles to watch, I will receive an error screen that reads "A Network Error Has Occurred" in the title and "Youtube is Unavailable" with two buttons -- "cancel" or "Exit YouTube".

This is not fun. Tips? Advice?

33 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "A Network Error Has Occurred" + "Youtube is Unavailable"

Same problem here. Uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged Roku and plugged in back in. No effect.

Highlighted

I have the same issue on my Roku streaming and ultimate edition. This started over a month ago or so and this needs to be fixed!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 7

Youtube is unavailable please, try again later.

I had the same reoccurring issue on my Roku 4 so I picked up a Roku Ultra and Youtube is still crashing. Youtube crashes "EVERY TIME" I spend about one minute looking at my YouTube settings or toggling around my subscriptions.  YouTube has crashed when I'm watching videos but it's rare. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Youtube is unavailable please, try again later.

Same issue here on my Roku ultra and my tcl p605 Roku tv I have tried everything and none of my many non Roku devices ever do this even my wireless amazon fire stick never does it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same here with my Roku 4. Sent in a support request yesterday, hopefully they will answer me with a solution -- if they do I'll be sure to come back and let everyone know what they say.

EDIT: Have been working with support since the 22nd of December, it is now the 8th of January, and while polite, support has been 100% useless and only telling me to do things I already did. Finally, however, it appears they realized THEY are the ones with the issue, not YouTube, as they have told other people here in the forums. They applied an update, at least for my Roku, and now both YouTube and YouTube TV are working correctly again. I would try a system update, if available, and see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Had the same issue the last couple of days with my Roku 3.

Immediately I checked the Roku Version. It was the latest - 9.2.

It did show the Roku has been on for 13 days (On the same Roku System page)

So I re-booted the Roku (Turn off from power, wait 30 seconds and turn back on)

So far Youtube has been working without any problems. (about 30 minutes)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Bad News! Re: "A Network Error Has Occurred" + "Youtube is Unavailable"

Problem is back today! Just one day later!

Even after I did a complete Roku Reboot (that fixed the problem yesterday)

Problem still persists!

Definitely a Roku Issue!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Bad News! Re: "A Network Error Has Occurred" + "Youtube is Unavailable"

Definitely a Roku issue my PlayStation never does it my Xbox never does it my fire TV is never do it And my switches never do it only my Roku devices

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Bad News! Re: "A Network Error Has Occurred" + "Youtube is Unavailable"

I contacted Roku today (and included this link)

Will post, when I hear back from them

0 Kudos