Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

installment of channel

Jump to solution

I had Netflix on my home screen and when I opened it, it would just show the Netflix screen but not load . This has been happening for the last few months off and on . I can watch it on my cellular device and computer but not the tv . Then I removed the channel and tried adding it again but it tells me channel install failed . I've contacted Netflix customer service and they said it may be a problem with roku & not them . All the other channels work but Netflix, is there anything to do besides buy a new roku device ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: installment of channel

Jump to solution

@FLW  Are you able to install any other channels onto your device?

A couple more things to try here: 

1. Try using the hardware method to perform a factory reset. Gently insert a pin/paper clip into the small hole on the back of your device and depress the internal button for at least 20 seconds, while the device is connected to power. It will then reset and allow you to go through setup once more. 

2. You can try creating a new Roku user account at my.roku.com, resetting your device once more, then linking it to your new account. See if you can install the channel from there. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@FLW  Thanks for reaching out! There are a couple more things you can try: 

1. Removing any unused channels from your device to free up additional space may help you install another channel. 

2. Restart your device by disconnecting the power for a moment. Then, go to Settings>System>System update>Check now and perform a quick system update. Once this is complete, try adding the channel once more. 

3. As a last troubleshooting step, you can try performing a factory reset on your device from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset. This will clear all data, channels and login information from your device and allow you to set it up again fresh. You will go through the process to link your device to your Roku account once more. Once it's linked, try adding the channel once more. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestions but I just recently did all of the above and none of them seem to work. Is there any other last resorts I could do or do I have to buy a new Roku device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@FLW  Are you able to install any other channels onto your device?

A couple more things to try here: 

1. Try using the hardware method to perform a factory reset. Gently insert a pin/paper clip into the small hole on the back of your device and depress the internal button for at least 20 seconds, while the device is connected to power. It will then reset and allow you to go through setup once more. 

2. You can try creating a new Roku user account at my.roku.com, resetting your device once more, then linking it to your new account. See if you can install the channel from there. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried the first request and that one worked . thanks for your help .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue on a new TV.  Tried to install NetFlix but it says there is not enough memory.

I deleted all other apps and it still said it.

Did a soft, then hard reset and still each time it says not enough memory for NetFlix.  Tried it with Amazon Prime and it loaded right up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KyRock 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend removing any unused channels on your device, then performing a factory reset to see if that resolves your issue.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos