Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

i need help finding HULU and Disney+ on my roku. it doesnt show up on channel store

i need help finding HULU and Disney+ on my roku. it doesnt show up on channel store.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: i need help finding HULU and Disney+ on my roku. it doesnt show up on channel store

Are you in the US?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: i need help finding HULU and Disney+ on my roku. it doesnt show up on channel store

If you have an older Roku, it won't support Disney+.  Learned this the hard way awhile back.  These are the ones NOT supported:

• Roku LT (2400X)
  • Roku 2 HD (3000X)
  • Roku 2 XD (3050X)
  • Roku 2 XS (3100X)
  • Roku LT (2450X)
  • Roku HD (2500X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3400X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3420X)
Highlighted

There is no reason other than Planned Obsolescence to not have Disney Plus available on the older Roku units. I've had a Roku from the start. If I can stream Netflix I should be able to stream Disney Plus. I won't be replacing with another Roku!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Conejo_Malvado 

Thanks for the post.

For more information, you'd want to contact Disney+ to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@Conejo_Malvado wrote:

There is no reason other than Planned Obsolescence to not have Disney Plus available on the older Roku units. I've had a Roku from the start. If I can stream Netflix I should be able to stream Disney Plus. I won't be replacing with another Roku!

It's not Roku's decision here. Disney+ has chosen not to support older Rokus, only making it available on the newer models and only in select areas worldwide. Disney's the one you've got to complain to about this - and I'd still shop for another Roku (Disney hasn't released support for any older models since the inception of the service, in spite of what I'm certain has been a flood of complaints just like yours). I upgraded one of my older units to the Roku Streaming Stick+, $40 at Amazon. It even controls my TV so I don't even need the remote that came with the TV, and it works wonderfully. 

0 Kudos