Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

free preview keeps expiring on FoxNews app.

I have to keep logging in and entering a code every few minutes.  Only channel I have noticed this on is FoxNews.  How do I keep this from happening?

42 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: free preview keeps expiring on FoxNews app.

@TheHills 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Uninstall, system settings, restart then reinstall did not work. On Cox in Oklahoma.

Highlighted
Level 7

Fox News Free Preview Keeps Expiring After Login and Uninstall/Restart

After I login to fox news it keeps saying ‘free preview expired’ after each login attempt. I’ve already uninstalled and restarted my roku device, but it keeps happening. I did notice however, that normally when it asks for me to login to my service provider with other apps I have to put in my service provider login and password and it’s skipping the service provider login and pass. I’m not sure what else to do at this point, help would be appreciated, I’m trying to fix this for my mother. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 8

Same here.  Provider is DirectTV (North Carolina).  Restarted Roku after disconnecting from internet as well - same result.  Plays for a few minutes then notes free preview has expired. 

Highlighted

Re: Fox News Free Preview Keeps Expiring After Login and Uninstall/Restart

In Brunswick, GA having the exact same problem. I have to log on to Fox news/connect to enter the passcode and I get a 'SUCCESS' message but my ROKU tv doesn't automatically switch back to current show in progress.  Fox News works on my phone and I can watch from the little screen at that time - not family friendly or convenient. Could it be a ROKU glitch? Please message 912-266-2012

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fox News Free Preview Keeps Expiring After Login and Uninstall/Restart

This is exactly what I am seeing.  Somewhere near Chicago.  

It says sign in to my TV provider. . .  Roku IS my TV provider, so what do I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue tonight. Never had an issue. I tried removing the app and adding it back.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having this issue too. In Oklahoma.

On Vyve, in Pottawatomie county.

Nothing fixes it.

Tried everything.

Guess it is time to get away from Roku.

Highlighted

More likely than not it's actually Fox. My money is on the problem magically resolving itself in a day or two.

0 Kudos