Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathym
Level 8

error message on BBC iplayer. not loading. began 2 days ago

Jump to solution

have never had problems with BBC iplayer but 2 days ago started to get a message saying 'something went wrong with loading this programme'. all other channels work fine

have tried removing channel , restarting and re installing but that did not work.

checked connections - all good.

what else can i try??  all advice gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kathy

I have a rather old Roku LT - has never let me down before!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: error message on BBC iplayer. not loading. began 2 days ago

Jump to solution

@kathym 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku LT is a much older device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kathym 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku LT is a much older device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kathym
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

wasn't sure how to send a private message so I responded to the email I was sent with the details you asked for. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kathy

0 Kudos
mkcheznous
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem for many days using the same Roku device.

Is there a solution that can be shared? Getting nowhere trying to go the BBC support route

0 Kudos
kathym
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi MKcheznous,

I reported the problem to BBC IPlayer and I got a response yesterday so definitely work telling them. They told me to try various things but alas none of them worked.  My Roku does not seem to be updating. It is stuck on version 3.4 Build 90000065 and the BBC guy says it should be 91000074.

Here is the message I got. Hope works for you.

Hello there, Kathy.

Thank you for getting in touch with BBC iPlayer Support.

I'm sorry to see that you were having some trouble playing live and on-demand programmes on the BBC iPlayer app on your NOW TV/Roku device. We quickly became aware of an issue with our app on these devices and passed this across to our technical teams and the product teams.

This issue should now be resolved following a software update, however, we are aware of a small number of reports from people who are still experiencing this 'Something went wrong'/02001 error. Our product teams advise taking the following steps:

Firstly, check again for a software update on your device: Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. You can check if this update has worked by then going to My Apps > focus on BBC iPlayer and press the * button on your remote. The version should say Build 3.4 and version 91000074.

If that doesn't work, there are two ways to force the update:

1. Settings > System > System Restart (a member of our product team tested this method and it worked on their device)
2. Restart the device (This could mean just leaving it switched off at the mains for a few minutes and switching on again.)

We build our service on audience feedback so I've added your comments to our BBC iPlayer Feedback Report. This is read by senior management each morning and it's used to help develop the service we offer.

We really appreciate you getting in touch to let us know about this, and for your patience while we worked on resolving this.

If the steps above don't work for you, please do get back in touch to let us know. We would be really grateful if you could provide us with four key bits of info from device settings to help us further with this investigation:

Navigate to Roku/NOW TV Home > Settings >System> About Info
1. Device model number
2. ESN (Serial number)
3. Firmware version
4. Channel version

It may also be worth trying a factory reset as you have suggested, if the above doesn't help. Other users have reported success after performing a factory reset.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Best of luck,

Steven Elliott

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team

0 Kudos
mkcheznous
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi thanks for sharing. I tried all that was suggested but like you my Roku 2400 LT does not think there is an update. It is still stuck on 90000065. I even removed the App but when i added it back it put the same version back. They cant have tested it on our version. I have raised it with the BBC via a complaint and also Twitter but no solution so far is forthcoming

0 Kudos
mkcheznous
Level 8

Jump to solution

Still no solution

0 Kudos
byrnoes
Level 7

Jump to solution

hi danny,

my roku tv wont open any uk apps, bbc iplayer, my5, all4 or itvhub.

gives error channel unavailable, 

worked fine until last week.

can you advise

0 Kudos
mkcheznous
Level 8

Jump to solution

I sold my old Roku because the BBC informed me that Roku were not interested in supporting such an old device. I bought a new one that works fine.

What's your model number?

byrnoes
Level 7

Jump to solution

its a hisense roku tv 

0 Kudos