Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cable subscription

i am new to roku and still have cable tv..i have been told that if i cut my cable that certain channels will no longer be available without a cable subscription..does anyone have a list of those channels?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: cable subscription

In general, it's the cable channels, such as USA, TNT, ESPN, E! MSNBC, CNN etc. Most offer free teasers, such as last seasons episodes, or maybe some free content ( I think Comedy Channel used to put South Park up but stopped). Things like that. If there's one or two specific shows you follow, you can 'purchase them', thru the Roku/FandangoNow TV Store on the left sidebar. It'll be the current season, although it is released to you the day after it airs. However its commercial free. So let's suppose Walking Dead airs Sunday night, I'd go to work Monday & hear ppl talk about it or see articles on the internet I'd try to avoid, then go home & watch it Monday night. It came out to $35 a season, so about $2/episode. Was worth it for being commercial free tho.

Anyway do you currently log in to watch your cable shows on Roku (Xfinity), or do you currently use a cable box?  If its the old way/cable box then yeah those all would go as far as live TV. There's cheaper slimmed down packages like Sling TV or Hulu which cost more like $19-30ish a month. And Youtube TV has pretty much all the cable channels for $49/month.

0 Kudos