Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

app closing out

For the past 2 months are so my roku express has been messing up. For instance, i’ll open an app and i’ll be watching something and about 10 minutes into me watching something, the app will close out and go to the home screen. I have tried updating my roku but it’s up to date, i’ve checked the wifi connection and it says “excellent”. I have even factory reset my roku twice. It’s every time that I try to watch something that this happens and I have no idea why. Any suggestions? 

3 Replies
Level 21

Re: app closing out

There's been several reports of something similar with no real solution.  Make sure you're using the USB power adapter that came with your Express and not the USB port on your TV.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you for the help, but unfortunately it’s still doing the same thing. I did have it plugged in the usb port in my tv but I got the roku power adapter and tried but it’s still not working. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Level 21

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas.  Using the supplied power adapter can clear up some issues, but not always.

0 Kudos