Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YoutubeTV app intermittently has problem

Background 

Roku unit 4630x

When attached via HDMI PORT and powered at A/C outlet. 

1. Was able to connect to my WiFi and internet connection verified and tested and showed excellent signal. 
  2. Was able to install YoutubeTV channel. I was able to watch many other channels and also come programs on the YoutubeTV channel. 
  3. For one show (Cobra Kai) I have been unable to load episodes. I see the show on the menu but when I select it I see a spinning wheel while it attempts to load it and eventually just turns black. Netflix works fine on this device. 
  4. I connected this Roku to another TV and had the same problem. 
  5. I am able to play this show using the YoutubeTV app on my iPad and stream it to my TV via the Apple TV device. 

These facts lead me to believe that the problem is with the Roku device and not with the tv nor the YoutubeTV app. If you concur with this assessment do you think my problem would be resolved if I bought a new Roku, or should I try something else to isolate the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YoutubeTV app intermittently has problem

@RichCav 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen and pressing the * key on your remote and selecting 'Remove channel'. After uninstalling the channel, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device starts up again, add the channel back.

If this still doesn't resolve the issue, we would recommend reaching out to Youtube TV support directly to report the issue and request additional help. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are functioning properly and only see this issue when using the Youtube TV channel (app), it is like that the issue lies within the channel itself. In this case, the channel provider will need to investigate to help resolve.

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos