Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himmerj
Level 7

Re: YouTube app delay, when starting videos

Removing the channel, restarting the device and reloading also didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
AmishRake
Level 7

Re: Youtube Freeze Roku 4 (4400x) SW Ver 9.3.0 - 4132.17

Did not work, tried again and tried in the past.

0 Kudos
Nebo1ss
Level 9

Danny i was about to come on here and complain why are you asking us to remove and reinstall the Youtube channel when there is been no Youtube update since the 9th May and no OS update since the 14th May.

However, i did it anyway and surprise, surprise it works now. 

Since there was no update i can only assume you must have found sometime of infrastructure issue.

Thanks for the work on this.

Eugene

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Nebo1ss wrote:

Danny i was about to come on here and complain why are you asking us to remove and reinstall the Youtube channel when there is been no Youtube update since the 9th May and no OS update since the 14th May.

However, i did it anyway and surprise, surprise it works now. 

Since there was no update i can only assume you must have found sometime of infrastructure issue.

It's actually simpler than that. Sometimes a software update messes with something already installed. Nothing intentional, but it still makes the program have problems. By uninstalling and reinstalling a channel, you get a clean install again, and it clears whatever occurred by accident. It happens sometimes with Windows computers, and on occasion even under Mac or Linux OSs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Nebo1ss
Level 9

You post on here but you don't seem to read any of the other post closely. if you did you would see that i have been asked multiple times by Danny to uninstall and reinstall the channel in different ways including rebooting the system in-between uninstalling and reinstalling.

That has been done unsuccessfully many times but today it worked for the first time.

You can safely assume your theory is WRONG.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Nebo1ss wrote:

You post on here but you don't seem to read any of the other post closely. if you did you would see that i have been asked multiple times by Danny to uninstall and reinstall the channel in different ways including rebooting the system in-between uninstalling and reinstalling.

That has been done unsuccessfully many times but today it worked for the first time.

You can safely assume your theory is WRONG.

Yes, I post often, but I do try to read further back in the comments. Some of these threads are a bit long for that, though. 

I acknowledge that the removal/reboot/reinstall doesn't always solve the problem. Why it worked this time, I have no idea. But in general, that is the purpose of the suggestion and if it works that was the likely cause.

For the Roku 4 problem specifically, I have a hunch (and that's all it is of course) that it's the specific CPU that the Roku 4 uses, that isn't used in any other player, that is the probable issue. Either the Roku developers or the YouTube developers (maybe both) overlooked or forgot something specific for that processor. Some little piece of code that needs to be altered specifically for this CPU. While I don't believe there's been any OS update specific to the Roku 4, perhaps they were able to push some sort of patch out to resolve it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Nebo1ss
Level 9

I have a different theory which is why i suggested an infrastructure issue. It is possible that the YouTube request from the ROKU 4 were being routed back to ROKU and forwarded from there to Google. This could have been a simple omission on the part of ROKU. The problem after all was a response time issue not a failure to work issue.

I had been on private message correspondence with DANNY for a month. During this time removal and reinstall was done at least eight times without any success. This included after a couple of OS updates and also after an application update.

There is no way it suddenly worked today without some other  change by ROKU and that is my 2 cents.

0 Kudos
BoblK
Level 9

For the last few weeks BOTH YouTube and YouTube TV have been screwed up on my Roku 4.  I had tried the delete, reboot and reinstall process multiple times with no success on either YouTube or YouTube TV,  In fact YouTube TV was more screwed up than YouTube.  I would time it to see how long it would take to load and it could take up to 5 MINUTES to load a channel to watch,  or I would just give up and do something else.

Today, I DID NOT delete YouTube or YouTube TV and reinstall them.   It just started working as it should.  SO,  the theories about deleting and reinstalling don't hold water as a sure fire way to fix the issue. 

As long as theories are being spewed about, mine is Roku or Google found an error in some coding related to Google channels and it was fixed without a channel update being required.  Both YouTube and YouTube TV are back to normal.

Thanks for fixing it.

Bob

0 Kudos
himmerj
Level 7

Still not working for me. I have Roku Express Ver. 9.2.1, Build 4090-AE if that makes any difference.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

I can add that I made no changes and YouTube seemed to be working properly today.

0 Kudos