Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Device Freezing and rebooting when using YouTube

Thanks for letting us know.

- Are the videos you are watching standard videos, or it is a live stream inside YouTube from that particular channel? 

- Are you signed into your YouTube account when watching the videos, or just using the channel without signing in? 

Please do generate an issue tracker, if possible, and feel free to send it over. 

Thanks again!

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MV
Level 7

These are standard videos and I'm watching the channel without signing in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue on 2019 Roku Ultra. Many videos on Youtube cause the Roku to lock up and then reboot. I'm moving back to my old Roku and returning the 2019 one since it doesn't even feel like an upgrade anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sigh, I have 3 Roku Ultra 2019's, and I'm having the same reboot problems w/ Youtube.  Please fix this, as it is extremely annoying and disruptive, and makes your product look amateurish.  Most recently, I had a reboot occur when watching videos from the "That Pug Pablo & Co".  (Don't judge me.)

Thank you,

washable_shaver

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Freelook
Level 7

I have the same issue with 3 different Roku ultra 2019 models.  It freezes and crashes with YouTube and Hulu.  The system will reboot itself.  It happens on all the units randomly.  We mostly watch Hulu and Youtube.  Since it is random, that doesn't mean it is the channels doing it.  If you mostly watch certain sources, odds are, it will randomly happen during them.

This is a software issue.  It even happens when connected to an old 1080p plasma TV.

Highlighted
mrrogers101
Level 8

yup, Youtube used to work fine until the new software.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BBinFlorida
Level 7

Re: YouTube problems on Roku Ultra 4670 (2019 model)

Having the same issue but it only occurs when running the Spectrum app.  You tube is not an issue for us.  I just purchased this Ultra in Dec but need to check the model.  So frustrating and I was wondering if it has anything to do with internet speed.  I am gonna sign up with YouTube tv and see if it happens there.  I hope there is a fix to this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wizard220
Level 8

Re: YouTube problems on Roku Ultra 4670 (2019 model)

I do not think it is the speed.  I too have Spectrum and I have the 400/20 plan for internet.  I am getting about 450 down and almost 25 up.  Plenty of speed and bandwidth.  I did some research and the 2018 model does not have this issue for what I am seeing.  Read some posts here and at other sites.

Yesterday my 2019 Ultra locked up and rebooted 4 times.  I was about to just throw it out the window.  Since I can not return it I will wait for another 30 to maybe 45 days for a firmware fix.  If it is not corrected then I will be selling these 2 2019 boxes I have and just getting the Nvidia Shield which doesn't have this problem.

0 Kudos