Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mkfrank
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV on Roku 3 very buggy

Jump to solution

For the first few weeks YouTube TV worked fine on my Roku 3 then it started buffering/stop-start behavior as others have described.  I just tried removing/rebooting/adding back as suggested above and that seems to have solved the problem, streams fine now with no buffering.  Thanks!

Highlighted
lexasmom
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue on my Roku Express.  Did you ever resolve it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rob1sonjr
Level 8

Jump to solution

The only resolution for me is removing app/rebooting/adding back.  If I don’t skip forward too much, the app is tolerable.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here. 

If other channels are performing normally on your device, this is typically an indication that there may be an issue within that specific channel that may need to be addressed by the channel provider/developer. (YouTube TV in this case) 

There are a couple recommendations we can offer to see if this helps with your experience:

1. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device loads up again, add the channel back once more. 

2. If you have any channels installed on your device that you don't often use, try removing these. This can sometimes lighten system resources and help improve overall performance. 

Ultimately, you will want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue, request additional support and continue following up. Each channel is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves, and they will be able to best assist with issues you may encounter. You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dfinkel12
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Unistalling/rebooting/reinstalling did not help.  I cut the cord based on Roku and YouTube TV.  This is very frustrating. Roku 3.  If 2 companies like Roku and Google can't get together to fix, cord cutting is going to be a tough sell vs. cable, which doesn't have these problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
benzaken
Level 8

Jump to solution

I finally got a non-answer from Roku, they said it's YouTube TV's problem (ie Google).  Got no help there.  Either way, Roku should be applying pressure to Google to fix this.

This happens most often when switching from Live to Recorded or back.  Seems to also happen more often when I first turn on my TV to watch. Again, I've never seen this be an issue on my Mac laptop, so I really do believe it's a Roku issue. It's clear the YouTube TV app there has issues due to the Roku device, so they need to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dfinkel12
Level 7

Jump to solution

Kind of a BS answer.  I have a number of Roku devices and the 3 is the worst.  Others may load slow, but not the constant loading and multiple button pressing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dfinkel12
Level 7

Jump to solution

I decided to just Factory reset and it worked.  I'm going to assume I'll need to do it again at some point, but better than nothing.  

I think it makes the argument that it's YouTube TV's fault kind of doubtful.  All of my other Roku devices work fine and now the 3 works after the reset.  I know it's an older device, but not cool if Roku doesn't support these things over time.  They should at least offer an upgrade for those of us on older devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lipwak
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. I chatted with a YouTube TV CSR a few days ago. We did all the usual steps: reboot, reboot router, reinstalled to no effect. He concluded I probably need a new Roku. I told him it only happens on YouTube TV. He says there were no recent updates. The problem only started for me less than a week ago. I have FIOS with 100 Mb/s up and down. I'll look into doing a factory reset...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TVlover
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have been having the same issue on 2 different TV's (one is a newer smart tv) and 2 different Roku. We have not been able to solve it. The smart TV is a Vizio. The Youtube TV app works well except the audio has to be reset after every commercial or change of channel. Got the Roku and that problem was solved but now we have encounter the same issue most people are having with the black screen. It's super annoying. Youtube TV blames Roku and Roku blames Youtube.  By the way,,, both of my Roku are less than a moth old.

0 Kudos