Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I have this exact problem on my Roku 2.  I wish Playstation Vue didn't shut down.  It was awesome.  I really like youtube tv, but this isn't going to work.  I'll have to switch to Hulu until this gets fixed. #roku2 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My Roku premiere seems to be able to be okay with YouTube TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Update - I worked with YTTV tech support.  They asked me to unplug my Roku 2 for 20 seconds and plug it back in.  I did that, and now the YTTV app is working fine and not sticking on the black screen.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

You do realize that all YTTV Support did was prove that there is a problem with the Roku.   Unplugging a device and plugging it back in reboots the software in the Roku.  Give it time and the software will glitch again after it hits the right conditions . ...  Too many people are having the same issue with the frozen (black) screen after playing through the commercials on an VOD show.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Has a solution for this been found yet?  My YouTube TV trial ends in a day.  Would love to be able to use this with my a Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

It seems like enough folks have described this issue and provided info on the devices and shows that support can just go in the break room and try it out.  I work in IT and understand the importance of getting enough detail to troubleshoot, but this seems pretty widespread.  Please fix!

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I agree with kikih64. There is more than enough people stating the same issue. Time to go into the lab and watch enough TV to reproduce the problem and fix it.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports. 

We've passed your feedback along to the channel provider (YouTubeTV) and we are continuing to  investigate the issue with them.

If I hear any further updates, I will be sure to share them. In the meantime, we'd recommend continuing to follow up with YouTube support for additional support and status updates. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner,

Thank you for responding. This is why people get upset with large companies. When they pass the buck, if anything its a Roku / YTTV issue and should be tackled together. Passing it off as their issue is pointlesss. I just went and bought a Fire stick and have 0 issues, the issues only resides with all of my Roku devices. Maybe something YTTV has wont play nice with Roku but either way it does not seem to be one sided.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have to agree. This problem is roku specific and you guys should investigate more than just passing it on to youtube.