Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKSimon
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes on Ad Playback

Jump to solution

I'm seeing this issue as well. I'm using Roku Express 3930EU and YouTube version web_20201028_00_RC00.

It's an intermittent issue which I see when selecting a long YouTube video that has been partly viewed at a time when an advert is due to play. Video starts playing, then I get the advert, after which I see a black screen with the loading icon.

Danny, I realise that intermittent issues can be difficult to fix but this issue is obviously affecting a lot of people and suggesting we remove then add the app back every time is *not* a solution. It also didn't work for me so it can't even be called a crude workaround.

Lonestarlady
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV Freezes after Ad Playback on Roku 3

Jump to solution

Streaming stick on Dennis the menace. Commercials lock up in between and you have to press ok. Sometimes it kicks u out entirely 

0 Kudos
jimcomerford
Level 7

Jump to solution

Continual problem with 3930EU-Roku Express

After a mid program commercial break or a long manual pause, the system cannot restart the video, but shows 'loading dots'.

If I go to another youtube video, that will start perfectly, but when I try to return to the previous one, it still will not play.

I can somestimes get it to restart by going to 'History' in main menu and selecting it there. It starts but back at last stopped poit, so I have to fast forward to where I left off before break.

This has become a real nightmare, as now many more providers are putting in mid programme breaks.

Jim 

0 Kudos
jimcomerford
Level 7

Jump to solution

Further to my last post...

The 'fix' of removing and reloading 'YouTube' did not work.

The workaround of going back to Library/History only works if there has been a previous break. I just now, after the normal error post adverts break, exited YouTube and returned to Roku Home page. I restarted YouTube, and was still unable to restart the video. Any other youtube video starts ok.

0 Kudos
anesbitt
Level 7

Jump to solution

The fix for me turned out to get a new tv that doesn’t need roku! My new Samsung doesn’t need the **bleep** roku and works great with no ad issues! Ditch roku!

JTFazz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I, too, am having issues with Roku playback of YouTubeTV. The entire system of my TCL Roku TV locks up and eventually crashes. I use a Firestick 4K on another TV and it works flawlessly. And the solution to remove and add the app is more trouble than it's worth because I have to reauthenticate my YouTubeTV login each time. Not acceptable. Roku get with Alphabet/Google/YouTube and get the **bleep** problem fixed or I will never buy another product with the Roku OS.

jmahone4
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same freezing problem that started again yesterday 1/19/21. I have tried updating the system, restart, reinstalled youtube, restart. This has no effect on the problem. Still freezing for around 15-20 seconds on all ads and then videos after opening. 

0 Kudos
MleonardiArg80
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny Hi, i've found this previous solution to a problem that with the lastest update in re ocurring.

I've a Roku 4 (4400x V 9.4.0 compilation 4200-17) and with Youtube (V 1.0 compilaton 8000034); the Ads video freezes and / or when a video starts freezes, for about 30 seconds. 

I've reinstalled the application, rebooting the system an nothing.  This began to happen last week with an update.

Is there any other solution or we've to wait?

Thanks.

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

If you haven't already, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. This should resolve the issue now, but please us posted if you are still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

If you haven't already, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. This should resolve the issue now, but please us posted if you are still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

jmahone4
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have posted about the same issue. The recommended steps do not solve the problem for me. I wonder if is it possible to speak directly with someone from Roku about this issue? Or get replacement equipment if necessary? Thank you.

Joe

0 Kudos
JMAN28
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just found this thread, VERY disappointing it's been allowed to go on this long.  Here it is March 1, 2021 and the problem continues 18 months later.  It makes watching nearly anything not live almost impossible.  What's the latest, Roku?

0 Kudos