Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

You tube tv and netflix channels fail to launch/load/start

Jump to solution

My 50 inch hisence roku tv will not launch/load/ start my you tube tv and netflix channels. It has worked perfect before today. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: You tube tv and netflix channels fail to launch/load/start

Jump to solution

Most Roku TVs do not actually turn completely off with the power button. They just go into a low power sleep mode. Go into your Settings menu and find System Restart (not Factory Reset). This does the same as pulling the power cord and truly restarts the TV.

If nothing changes, then remove the channels (highlight them on the home screen, hit the * button and select remove). Next, do a system restart again. This is critical to ensure they are completely removed. Then install the channels again and give them a try. Sometimes programs can get corrupted with a slight power bump or surge, and remove/restart/install is the only way to clean them up.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Most Roku TVs do not actually turn completely off with the power button. They just go into a low power sleep mode. Go into your Settings menu and find System Restart (not Factory Reset). This does the same as pulling the power cord and truly restarts the TV.

If nothing changes, then remove the channels (highlight them on the home screen, hit the * button and select remove). Next, do a system restart again. This is critical to ensure they are completely removed. Then install the channels again and give them a try. Sometimes programs can get corrupted with a slight power bump or surge, and remove/restart/install is the only way to clean them up.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Did several versions of troubleshooting including this one. Not working. Works fine with my other channels and Netflix on my Amazon firestick. Have models been discontinued again? 

Issue tracker 62-210-295

model 3710x roku express

9.3.0 build 4150-28

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Gwitt11 wrote:

Same problem here. Did several versions of troubleshooting including this one. Not working. Works fine with my other channels and Netflix on my Amazon firestick. Have models been discontinued again? 

Issue tracker 62-210-295

model 3710x roku express

9.3.0 build 4150-28

The 3710 is a bit older (2016) and has been replaced with newer models. But it is still a supported device. But if a provider (Netflix, Google) decides to stop supporting older models, they seldom seem to make that information generally available. But I doubt either of them have dropped support for the 3710. It's not all that old, and isn't down that much processing power from the latest models.

I'm not sure if you've tried the first trouble-shooting steps yet, so here they are. Remove the channels (select them on the home screen, press the * button and select remove), then reboot the Roku (either pull the power for 30 seconds or use the System menu to restart), then add the channels back again.

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve done all the troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Including Netflix recommendations troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked. Thank You so much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@felmore 

Hi Dan, I have followed every thread for this and done as each one has said.  I also followed Netflix recommendations.

So here is my input... the only change I made was to add parental controls to the profiles.  After I did that the Roku, 2 different ones in two different rooms, will not download Netflix correctly... has this been an issue logged... I previously posted an incident #... I am not able to chat or reach a rep from Roku unless you are one? This is irritating. 

0 Kudos