Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Yotube Issue

The Roku remote no longer allows you to choose Not Interested, Save for Later and Save to Playlist. Now when you press the OK button the video starts playing. Is this a Roku or Youtube issue?

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Yotube Issue

The roku youtube app never had the feature, you highlight a video it plays the video or an ad, that how its always been. Youtube makes the app, they make any changes roku has nothing to do with it.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Incorrect. The feature began in October. Seriously, if you don't know the answer then don't respond.

youtube_video_menu_tv_1.jpg

Highlighted
Level 18

What's roku name and model number, what software and build is the roku on? go to settings> system> about

You can try deleting youtube app, restarting the roku and then add the youtube app back.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Do you have Youtube premium? I swear have never seen that feature and have had roku for 10 years, but never had the premium, I'm really trying to help you.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

3800X Software 9.2.0. Build 4806-55

I have deleted the youtube app, restarted and added youtube app back with the same results.

Appears that Youtube decided to do away with the enhanced features.

Edited to add: Regular Youtube, not premium. When it first appeared, a picture of the remote appeared in the upper right hand corner and read "hold for enhanced features". Now I'm stuck having to wade through all the **bleep** videos that YT is suggesting with no way to get them off my feed.

Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for the note here. 

All the features and functionality within channels are determined by each channel provider. If you have additional questions, or want to share feedback about a channel, please reach out to the channel provider directly to follow up. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Youtube Issue

You basic answer appears to be in almost every question posed is to contact the provider. Is Roku not informed when changes are made to apps that are used through a Roku device?

Highlighted
Level 8

I know this thread is a couple months old, but the "press for more options" feature started working again on Feb 13, 2020.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Youtube Issue

I doubt it.  The apps aren't property of Roku so there's really no reason for the app developer to contact Roku and inform them of changes.

@GML wrote:

You basic answer appears to be in almost every question posed is to contact the provider. Is Roku not informed when changes are made to apps that are used through a Roku device?

0 Kudos