Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem can even use YouTube way to zoomed in

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. All the other apps are fine except YouTube. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue, I have a Roku 2710 and I'm using the composite outs. Everything is way too large and I only see part of the picture.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

mine is a ROKU1 also. I wondered if it is outdated. but I've had it less than ten years. 

and I'm still having problems. You follow recipes while cooking, I follow along with beading tutorials, etc! It is a valuable learning resource!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Started yesterday. Please advise.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Me too I have a Roku 2 though. Anyone figure this out. 

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

on tv, change picture size/format to Full.

i see no problems on roku 2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My TV doesn't have an option for picture size/format full. Just resolution, and composite input is 480i. All other channels on my Roku look fine, except YouTube. In my opinion there's an issue with the new YouTube app correctly detecting the resolution when using the composite out on the Roku.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

It's possible this is a bad ROKU software update or a bad youtube software update. Either way, both companies have to find a resolution for this. Too many ROKU users are having this issue.  In fact, youtube is losing video hits and its not good for their sponsors and content creators.  If many ROKU users are having this problem and I'm not certain of the statistics, it could be bad for youtube's finances.  Imagine millions having this problem. Wow, that's a big financial hit and loss of revenue. I'm a ROKU developer and I run a channel on their network. If my channel has an issue, I'm right on it with my engineering crew.  I don't even want to lose one subscriber.  One subscriber pays the bills.  Come on Youtube and ROKU. Let us know what the issue is. Do we buy a new ROKU unit to get youtube and which one do we purchase or is a new software update in the works?  Give us a status.  Thanks for reading my rant. Smiley Surprised)

Highlighted

Jump to solution

This has to be a software issue.  I started having the same problem on Friday 12/13/19.  I have two Roku2 units.  The youtube app is showing a display size that is not matched to the local TV size.  All other apps and the Roku home function normally.

I tried the following but all have been unsuccessful:

• restarting Roku units
  • resetting Youtube app
  • delete & reinstall Youtube app

Youtube and Roku need to fix this software bug.