Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: YOUTUBE screen is so big it does not fit my TV.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your efforts, guys.  I'm not on Twitter so can't help there, but I continue to send feedback on Roku as well as trying other contact methods.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just thought I would chime back in .....a funny thing just happend, it may be coincidence but I just got an email from Roku support with this link...https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745.   Maybe it may help to light up this link.. it was a re-send of the last email they sent me telling me it was a YouTube problem....maybe all the noise is getting thru and they want to seem as though Roku support is on top of things...I'm sorry, should have shared this last week but I was feed up and did a rage quit then bought a Roku tv...

Have a goodun.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Also, just noticed "they " removed my comment that had the not so nice comment about Roku support, someone's watching..😄

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone. I will be doing everything advised on this thread. Hopefully ROKU and Youtube will realize this is a big issue.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the YouTube link, DisCussion.  I have just send out an email to them outlining the problem in detail  and referenced this thread here on Roku. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

That link is for YouTube TV, not YouTube. It's their paid service of which the Roku 1 is not listed as a compatible device. Roku 2 and 3 among others are.

This is why I felt that the Roku 1 is no longer supported by YouTube since YouTube TV is not. I would imagine the coding is extremely similar for both.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I saw that, Cblucas3, but thought it couldn't hurt to let them know anyway, in the hopes that they will forward it to the proper dept./people.  A long shot, I know.  I think those of us affected with the older 1's & 2's are but a drop in the overall YouTube and Roku buckets.  All we can do is be a squeaky wheel until it is fixed or they formally announce Too bad, but no longer supported. 

Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank You, I also over the past week have been posting this link on any ROKU/Youtube twitter account I think might help with this issue. As of today, very generic responses that do not resolve the issue. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I received an answer back to my email to the YouTube TV support desk.  Very nice personalized response apologizing that their YouTube TV support team can't help with the YouTube App and indicated that unfortunately there is no support team dedicated to the Roku App.  She did do some research, however, and wrote back:
"I was able to find this thread " https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/22779198?hl=en " on the regular YouTube Help Community that is similar to the issue you described. A fellow YouTube and Roku user said that she received an email report from Roku that Roku models that are older than 2013 cannot be updated. You may consider reaching out to Roku to confirm if this is the case."

Since my Roku 1 received a software update on 12/18/19, I find it hard to believe that it is no longer supported or being updated.  I just wish Roku would confirm this one way or the other.  I can't afford to spend more money for a newer unit if this will be looked into and fixed.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Concerning the update you received. Was it for the Roku system as a whole or the YouTube app itself?

The Roku does still update but they do not have control of individual apps. Only the app designer's do.

I am now convinced the Roku 1 is no longer supported and any updates that Google/YouTube does is for the newer models which may or may not work with unsupported models. They simply don't test those before a software update.

It's to bad the Roku doesn't have a "roll back" feature like Windows does for drivers. Either that or the option to download a older version of YouTube would be great.

For now I'm using the app All Screen to cast YouTube from my Android phone.