Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

This only works for Android. It does not work for iPhone and I’m yet to find a good free app to mirror iPhone screen to Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Tell me more...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@boogernose wrote:

I think HBO MAX should be blocked from working because its a waste of bandwidth and people that watch it are weirdo's.

**bleep** you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

You must be new to Roku, which is fine.  Clearly, if you are willing to trade the best streaming UI interface for some Android TV UI experience, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the sloppy and haphazard UI experience of the HBOMax app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

@clfelectro wrote:

Roku won't carry the HBO Max app even though ATT has it ready to go.  Roku being greedy it seems and messing up my streaming.

Solution is so easy!  Don't buy Roku. Throw away if you have one. Get Android TV and install whatever you want from Google Play store.  Problem solved. Free your streaming from the tyranny of Roku!

You must be new to Roku, which is fine.  Clearly, if you are willing to trade the best streaming UI interface for some Android TV UI experience, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the sloppy and haphazard UI experience of the HBOMax app

Highlighted
Level 11

@codybellahauser wrote:

if you have HULU add it to your plan and you dont have to dump your Roku, you can access HBO max for the same price through the website or HULU. Just saying look for a work around before you throw something away just because you can't find or fix the problem immediately! I i have the disney+ Hulu ESPN + no add subscription and HBO Max on my Roku all because I have HULU I was able to watch all of the above and not have to buy a new device! I pay $33.00 all together for all 4 streaming services 

Except the word is- Roku does not have an agreement with HBO for HBO MAX. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Gezz just wait ...ROKU gonna brings it ..impossible 2 biggest devices in the world  FIRE & ROKU not getting this, gonna  a lots  lost  money for AT&T..   will be happen, just be patient  ..HBOMAX is all about **bleep** old movies & sitcom's we saw years ago ..and is not on 4K yet either , nothing on it yet to go throw all these B.S getting it yet ...UTUBE TV Having HBOMAX 2..i am happy with HBONOW for now  till get their  S together on ROKU!

Highlighted
Level 11

Joe Biden's speechwriter:

@80SChild wrote:

Gezz just wait ...ROKU gonna brings it ..impossible 2 biggest devices in the world  FIRE & ROKU not getting this, gonna  a lots  lost  money for AT&T..   will be happen, just be patient  ..HBOMAX is all about **bleep** old movies & sitcom's we saw years ago ..and is not on 4K yet either , nothing on it yet to go throw all these B.S getting it yet ...UTUBE TV Having HBOMAX 2..i am happy with HBONOW for now  till get their  S together on ROKU!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I understand that HBO Max can be added through Hulu, and I just added it, but South Park IS NOT on the HBO Max-add on like I thought it would be. Hulu recently stopped streaming South Park and I heard it was going to transfer over to HBO Max, which is why I added it on to my Hulu subscription. But it’s not on there. However, it’s on the HBO Max app by itself, which makes no sense. Why can South Park be accessed on the basic HBO Max but not on HBO Max through Hulu? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Regardless of the platform you subscribe to hbomax on, the content exclusive to hbo Max can only be accessed on the hbo Max app or through the hbomax website via your provider credentials. This content includes South Park, Doctor Who, Friends, studio ghibli, the criterion collection, Cartoon Network/adult swim titles, some dceu not available on HBO, all the hbomax original series, a limited selection of warner bros back catalog, and an odd selection of titles that don’t fit into any category (ie the alienist season 1). Eventually your hbo now app will update on the roku to hbomax whenever they strike some bargain. If you use hbo go instead of hbo now you will probably have to add the hbo Max app when It becomes available. In the meantime you can hook your laptop up to your tv or side load the app to a fire tv device or stream from your phone to your tV via chrome cast. Also the app is available on Xbox and PlayStation I do believe. Hope this helps others to figure out options. I sideloaded the app to my 4K fire stick easily and have been enjoying the expanded program choices since.

0 Kudos