Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Workaround for HBO Max

And what is the "workaround" for Peacock?  NBC has decided to put most of the English Premier League soccer games live on Peacock exclusively.  How can we watch those games on Roku?  I believe the answer is you can't.  You need to buy another device that works with Peacock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

There's only one "workaround" for any content that is missing from Roku, and that's to screen mirror from another device. You can do it from a Windows 10 laptop or an Android phone/tablet. Other than that, your only option is another streaming player, most likely running Android/Chrome. Nvidia Shield or Chromecast is about it, unless you want to drop big bucks on an Apple TV (which of course costs about the same as the Shield). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

HBOmax through Hulu doesn't have all of the HBOmax content; Raised by Wolves for example. So this isn't really a great "workaround".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

If you have PlayOn, you can run the program on a computer and access HBO MAX through the PlayOn app on the ROKU. Just make sure you sign in to MAX through PlayOn on your computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@vinnyv07 wrote:

If you have PlayOn, you can run the program on a computer and access HBO MAX through the PlayOn app on the ROKU. Just make sure you sign in to MAX through PlayOn on your computer.

I recommend direct tweeting @jasonkilar - the verified account of the WarnerMedia CEO - to tell him how important not having to buy another streaming device to see HBO Max is to you. Imply you will cancel HBO Max if you can't get it on Roku. Enough people do that and he will have to pay attention.

Remember, this is the guy who said he is counting on gift giving season to force Roku and Amazon to cave to his demands, so unless we put pressure on him, he will wait until January forces him to realize that his customers do matter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

@LVSaint wrote:

Is it possible to subscribe to Max for the $11.99 deal they are offering right now, and using the Max login, use it to access the available HBO app on the roku? I assume the answer is no, and I understand that if I can, I'll only have access to regular HBO.

Thoughts?

Yes, but only to access regular HBO content. To get HBO Max on Roku I recommend direct tweeting @jasonkilar - the verified twitter account of WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar - to tell him how disappointed you are that HBO Max is not yet available on Roku. If you have a paid account to HBO Max I would even threaten to cancel it for a service that's already on Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

Thanks, I'll do that (re Tweet @jasonkilar)

I've chatted to two Max reps online, both gave different answers, but spoke to a real person on the phone yesterday who confirmed that I'd be able to 'cross pollinate' my new Max login for the Roku HBO app. (I'm primarily interested in getting Max because of the 12 month offer, so I've canceled my regular HBO subscription and wanted to make sure my Roku app would still work, sans Max content)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm not sure why you would recommend this to a PlayOn subscriber who can already access HBO Max on Roku as he stated.  I can do the same.  Sure an app would be nice, but it's not like I'm missing anything by using PlayOn.  The only caveat is I cannot access the extras menu for movies that have extended editions listed in them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not Helpful at all!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

0 Kudos