Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

What's wrong with Hulu on my new Express Plus?

So I finally switched over from my old Roku 2 to my new Express Plus, and discovered the Hulu homescreen is a mess. Instead of nice, neat, little boxes with cover images and titles I've got a single, giant image (apparently a random screengrab) of some random show I've never heard of taking up the entire screen with a vertical list of completely random titles in what looks to be 72pt font splashed across the left side, and my watchlist is nowhere to be seen.

There was a little icon at the top (no larger than a quarter) that said "My Stuff", and I thought perhaps my watchlist had been squirreled away there for some idiotic reason (it ought to be the first thing I see, not hidden away), but after clicking on it and having to manually select my profile from a list (which I have to do every. single. time., even though it's the only profile connected to my account) I discovered nothing but a blank, blue gradeint with "Select Θ to save your favorite shows, movies, and networks. Everything you save shows up here" written across the top in teeny tiny little letters that I'm only able to read right now because I'm currently seated at my computer, which is about three feet from my TV, rather than my usual TV‐watching chair, which is at a much more reasonable TV‐watching distance. My shows are gone. My movies are gone. Even the laughably off‐the‐mark suggestions under "Top Picks for You" are gone.

I knew there'd be some interface changes on the new device, but this can't possibly be what Hulu intended. I mean, it's not as if they'd intentionally get rid of my freaking watchlist. For the time being, I'm going to switch back to my Roku 2 (there have been other problems, but that's a topic for a different thread), but for the future, how do I fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: What's wrong with Hulu on my new Express Plus?

On the new Roku, try uninstalling Hulu in case the installation on the Roku didn't go right.

Restart the Roku to make sure there's nothing of the old installation still in memory.

Reinstall Hulu.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

No change

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@BrokenEye 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos