Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SteveNYC
Level 7

Voice Search finally works in YouTube app from remote

So while traveling last week, my brother used the voice search feature in YouTube on our Roku Stick+ and it worked.  Surprised the heck out of me.  I was looking forward to that feature for a long time.  Glad to see it finally works.

When we got home, I tried using the feature on my Roku Ultra (4640X) running version 9.2 and it did NOT work (as of 2/11/2020).  Interestingly enough, when I tried to use it, it said "Sorry, that's not yet supported".  Don't know if there's any significance to the "yet" part.  I hope so, and soon.

I don't know what other Roku devices support voice search in YouTube.  If others can chime in, that would be useful for all.  Maybe the newer Roku Ultra (4670)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
designermark
Level 7

Re: Voice Search finally works in YouTube app from remote

Roku Ultra 4660RW, 9.2.0. Voice search has been working well, have had it for 12 months and was last working less than a week ago when used. 02/12/2020 and voice search just says "sorry, that's not yet supported." to all searches. A reboot and a repairing of the remote hasn't resolved. Maybe the feature is offline at Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GML
Level 8

Re: Voice Search finally works in YouTube app from remote

I received a notification when I perform a search on the youtube app that the voice search option is available on the phone app and it will link the search to the roku app.  Perhaps they needed to work on some issues with the feature.

It does appear that youtube reinstalled the "press for more options" feature on the app.

0 Kudos