Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick99
Level 7

Trying to add channel, device asks for PIN?

So im trying to add the Fox Sports so I can watch the Husker game today...and it continues to ask me for a pin..i didnt know the pin so I went to settings to try to reset the pin and it allowed me to do that..but it said something for parental control so I reset the pin?  Well i have gone back to add the channel and it continues to tell me that the pin is invalid

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Add Channel

Since you mention parental control, it sounds like you did get into your Roku account at my.roku.com to set or reset your pin.

From your Roku home page on the tv, when you go to Settings > System > About does it show the same email address you used to log into your Roku account?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Jeremy35
Level 7

Re: Add Channel

There asking for a pin I don’t know nothing about 

0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Trying to add channel, device asks for PIN?

@Nick99 wrote:

So im trying to add the Fox Sports so I can watch the Husker game today...and it continues to ask me for a pin..i didnt know the pin so I went to settings to try to reset the pin and it allowed me to do that..but it said something for parental control so I reset the pin?  Well i have gone back to add the channel and it continues to tell me that the pin is invalid

What are your pin preferences set to?

https://my.roku.com/account/pin

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos