Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: App on Samsung TV

Jump to solution

I so much agree!! Same thing with my Samsung smart tv. I have the channel Starz for 30 days free but I can’t watch it on that particular TV. It doesn’t make any sense. So in other words I’d have to go out and buy a Roku device to hook up to this TV? Is that what you’re telling me? 

0 Kudos
Level 7

The Roku Channel on Samsung Series 8000 Smart TV

Jump to solution

How do I add or remove channels, there is no menu or search function for this? I'm logged in and have added channels on the Roku web site but they don't appear on my TV?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: The Roku Channel on Samsung Series 8000 Smart TV

Jump to solution

@dcgayhart 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the The Roku Channel app on a Samsung TV will not have the same functionality as a Roku device platform.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have several stand alone Roku's. The TV version has no functionality. Don't know why they offer it!

Danny

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just got this today.

"Dear Roku Customer,

We wanted to let you know that your Roku device recently received a software update with new features including performance improvements, additional customization options, and more.

Click here to learn more.

Happy Streamingâ„¢

The Roku Team"

Nothing has changed, not event the version number, still 1.1.42!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Samsung Smart Tv adding channel to roku channel

Jump to solution

Obviously I am not smart enough to have a smart tv..... It has been the most frustrating set up experience ever! I am trying to add a channel to my roku account and it tells me I need to add a device, but there is no device because it's a smart tv. It's a brand new samsung smart tv. There is no option for a roku app, it's only the roku channel. Is there  a way to add a channel if you have a samsung smart tv with the roku channel?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku app not playing well with my samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

My new TV had Roku already loaded on it.  I set up an account with Roku on my laptop so that I could download a specific station that Roku has.  I have followed all the steps multiple times including "re-setting" my TV on 4 occasions and still no results.   I don't get the "magic" code so that I can link my service to my app on my "smart" tv.  what can I do???????

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Roku app not playing well with my samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

The Roku app on a non-Roku smart TV is not a replacement for having a Roku device.  You are limited with what you can do and you can't download anything you can find in the Roku Channel Store.  You can connect a Roku device to any TV, so that may be an option.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Samsung Smart Tv adding channel to roku channel

Jump to solution

The Roku Channel is an app that is available on Samsung TVs. It provides a lot of free content with ads, and also allows subscribing to some other providers. It does not give you the ability to install other Roku channels. Those can only be installed on actual Roku devices. So to add a channel to your Roku account, you have to have an actual Roku device (player or TV). The Samsung TV is not a Roku device, so it doesn't count. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Samsung Smart Tv adding channel to roku channel

Jump to solution

I just bought a Samsung 8000 65" Smart TV.
I had the Roku Ultra on my Samsung plain old TV which I removed, and just plugged into the Smart TV via Ethernet/HDMI.
I had no problem what so ever. It works FINE!
I go to Source on the new TV, click on Roku to see the beautiful fish swimming around in the tank, then hit the home button on the Roku remote.
To ADD a channel, I have my Roku account open, on a separate tab the Roku channel store, pick what I want, click on ADD, and bingo, it goes to the grid to play when in Roku!

So far, I LOVE having Roku. Found it hard to believe so many channels to watch  when I was over paying for a dead horse for cable TV.  

0 Kudos