Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe2020
Level 7

TCL Roku TV With Spectrum App Freezing

My #TCL #Roku TV used to work perfect with the #Spectrum App but a week a go or maybe more

when I turn on the Spectrum’s app and it opens in a channel starts working perfect but after 4 or 5 seconds it freezes. If I change the channel it starts to work but it happens again after 4 or 5 seconds the picture freezes again 

I already tried factory reset and deleting the app and downloading again

please help

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
soundkitchen
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV With Spectrum App Freezing

What you've described is my experience exactly, right down to the timing. I tried working through the problem with the folks at TCL, but have not been able to remedy the situation. I believe, as has been suggested to me by others, that the fault lies with Spectrum. Based on what others have told me about their dealings with Spectrum Tech Support, I've been procrastinating going down that particular rabbit hole, but that time is coming. I was told by some that Spectrum tried to blame the matter on the other components like Roku and TCL, but when it was resolved it was because it was addressed as a Spectrum issue. I don't know the specifics of the remedy. It makes sense that if the TV works for every other app that Roku is delivering (or carrying?) that the stink is on Spectrum. BTW, the freezing occurs with both wired and wireless connections and the wireless is tested to be coming in at approx. 220MbPS and TCL displays that as "Excellent". I will update if I resolve the matter.

0 Kudos
bob1057
Level 7

Mine does the same thing with the on demand content?  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bob1057 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bob1057
Level 7

I have tried that.  i even reset the tv back to the original settings and re downloaded it.  still locks in the same spot.  thanks for the help let me know if there is anything else i can try.  how on the roku tv can you see what version of roku it is, 3,4,5?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bob1057 

Thanks for the update.

Does this issue occur with any other channel or is it just happening on Spectrum?

Have you tried reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrim channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pocketlama
Level 7

It's happening for me with YouTube and BroadwayHD. I've tried your remove/restart/add method twice three times and it's not working.

0 Kudos