Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TBS App keeps kicking out

For the past couple of weeks, any time we try to watch a show through the TBS app, during the first “ad/commercial” break....it will freeze and go back to the Roku home page. Any ideas?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TBS App keeps kicking out

@apriltolli 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for your assistance. I did exactly what you suggested and at first it worked, but started doing the same thing. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue and have tried your solution. Any updates on another solution? Thanks 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same for me on both Roku devices in our house. I can watch about 10 minutes before it goes back to the home screen. 

Highlighted
Level 7

This works for just a little bit.  I have had this issue for at least a year on my Roku stick, Roku 3, and now my TCL 6 series Roku TV.  

There is also an issue with the app when it goes to commercials, at least 1 commercial is about 50% louder than everything else.  I think it's the app itself and not Roku at this point.

Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't fix it. It's been like this for months. I contacted TBS/TNT about it and they were no help either. Not sure whose issue it is but it makes the channels unwatchable.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing happens to me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@smcgrude 

Thanks for the note.

Make sure that when removing the channel, that you restart the device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to TBS support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the TBS  channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://tbstnt.helpshift.com/a/watch-tbs/?p=all

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos