Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Starz on Roku channel

just signed up for starz on Roku channel, watching Seduced about the NXIVM cult & episode 2 is missing. anyone else having this issue?

6 Replies
Level 8

Re: Starz on Roku channel

Yes and Im super annoyed about it!  Especially after searching on this topic and seeing that there is consistently a big problem with this. It shouldn't be a rights issue as people keep seem to be saying, since we are paying roku is acting as a pass-through and if course Starz owns the rights to it own episodes. But this being a continuous problem means that on day one of this Cyber Monday "deal" I got for three different channels, I'm pretty sure I will never voluntarily use the Roku channel as a pass through again. 

Level 8

Also since I can't edit my last comment, it's DEFINITELY not a rights issue as the missing episode is available if you purchase Starz through the Amazon app.  If it were a rights issue it wouldn't be available there. It's just a screw up. An annoying screw-up.

Level 7

Noticed the same thing yesterday. Others who are frustrated with this, please chime in to alert Roku/Starz!

Level 7

Having the same problem here. Really frustrating. I guess we can’t just login to the Starz app separately since it’s a pass through via Roku Channel ugh.

Level 8

Got a response from Roku that was basically too bad so sad...  

"Thank you for your patience. We appreciate your response.

I'm sorry to hear that, please be informed that Roku only rents and transmits you the channel and is not responsible for the content. the content is chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. "

Uh yeah, so you want me to continue to use your lousily-implemented service when I can get the exact same service direct from the provider for the same price. And presumably with proper implementation and some kind of CS response that is actually helpful when I have a problem? I've been a Roku person since the very first on came out - between this and the HBO nonsense I'm seriously considering leaving the ecosystem entirely. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello to everyone who is still following the thread. At this point, the Roku channel doesn't show any episodes of Seduced as being available now.

HOWEVER, if you are someone like me who has already watched the first episode, I think I found a workaround. If you 'resume' Episode 1 and let it end, it should auto-play the next episode. Let me know if this works for you!

0 Kudos